Right click disable

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Handmade Book and Playing Card Valentines

I learned how to make Coptic stitching books in December. This is a picture of the second one I've made. The first one went to my mom as a christmas present. I am going to put the title "my book of curiosities" on the cover in old book text and use it as a sketch book.



The cover is made from hardboard (you can get that at the scrapbooking store) and then I covered it in Japanese paper. The drawing on the front is a print of alice in wonderland I found somewhere a while ago.





This weekend I got to spend an entire friday night and all day saturday scrapbooking at a crop. My plans were to do a couple of these valentines I had floating around in my head, then do some pages of the kids, but I had so much fun doing these I spent the whole day making them. I found some cute playing cards with hearts on the backs at Micheals, then I started sewing old book pages and lace and paper to them in little pleats. I used vintage buttons, and ribbon and paper, doodles, stamps, stickles and brads to decorate them. I really love how they turned out...but now I'm not sure I can give them away because I like them so much! LOL!











Here are some group shots of them all...







Maybe I`ll have time to get some more done before Valentine`s gets here.









2 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous, I can't wait to see which one is for me! Tee hee. Seriously fun though I can see why you had such fun at the crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your book. Learning the coptic stitch is next on my list of things to do. And I love,love,love your valentines! They are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete