Right click disable

Friday, June 3, 2011

What do you do while waiting...?

Doodle some silly owls of course! I bought a sweet little pocket dictionary from the goodwill a while ago. It has a tiny owl on the spine, so I got the idea to do a "Book of Owls" So I carry a few pens and my dictionary with me, and when I'm caught waiting I draw in it. These were all done while waiting for the Dr. last week.







This little guy was drawn on a discard book of french poetry from our library.


They are not finished yet, but I needed more art stuff to finish them. Thank you to Michelle Allen and Cori Dantini for inspiration! My little dictionary has over 250 pages so there will be alot more owl making going on! :o) Have a wonderful Friday everyone!







12 comments:

  1. These are so cool! What a great way to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever idea. i despise boredom & waiting with nothing to do! looking at your adorable owls I was like ohhh I love number 2 (the black n' white) then I saw the below that....and well...you could publish the whole hoot'n...dictionary! they're all amazing! xo

    have a great weekend with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo.....How I love these cuties! I would totally and utterly adore a book of 250 of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, how cute with octangle(?) eyes! And a whole book filled with owls, that´s just a killer idea! This is gonna be a real treasure for your ancestors to fight about in your inheritance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh they are so cute! Wow 250 pages, I can just imagine how awesome a whole book of sweet little owls will look. I can't wait to see them, what a super fun idea to carry the little book and stuff around with you. I think I will have to load up a little case myself with various and sundry items and do something similar. Hmmm twinkling h2o, what else? ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these!!!!!!! Hmm, do I see stuffies of owls in your future? :). Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are wonderful! I love the owls and i love the colors you've added! this inspires me to finish my "owl" projects! hope you're having a fun, happy weekend! Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow - those are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these! You know what else I love? The beautiful art that get to look at every single day hanging in my art studio made especially by you! Thank you again:). Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the last two!!! Only ... hmmm... that's a lot to count... 300 days until my birthday... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the first one!!!

    ReplyDelete