Right click disable

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Post Card # 3




It would be really great if I could post more than once a month! This is my last month's postcard sent to a charming artist stranger :o) We've never met, but its so fun to send art in the mail. I am wanting to send lots more, but I have many more ideas, than time. I love using mixed media in my paintings. This girl was painted over top of music and vintage text, layered with stamps and inks. Then I used my Caran d'Ache water soluble wax pastels to sketch over the chair and dress, and around the edge of the postcard. I wish I would have taken pictures of the backs, I have been using photocopies of real postcards sent from Germany in the early 1900's my mom had gotten from a friend. There is something so beautiful and captivating about antiques.

Tonight I get to work on this months postcard. I am in love with painting pears, don't ask me why...I just find their shape so inviting. (kind of similar to mine HAHA!) So I think that's what I will paint tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment